[Slackbuilds-users] pmount fails in Slackware 12.2

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 20:45:57 UTC 2008

I don't think this is something that can be fixed with a small patch.  From what I gather, it'd take a major rewrite of pmount or a custom kernel setup (I haven't looked through the source to confirm this).  The SlackBuild maintainer, Guillermo, is looking into the issue as well.

The software is still useful, however, as you can use globs to whitelist a range of devices (external and internal) in pmount.allow.  Perhaps until the issue is resolved a note in the README can be added specifying to use globs in pmount.allow.  Although, if people want to use it they *could* just get it from the 12.1 repo.

--phillip