[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081221

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 19:31:29 UTC 2008

--- On Sun, 12/21/08, xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org <xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> development/diakonos: Updated for version 0.8.6 along with
> a patch that
>   should be submitted upstream :)  Thanks to Phil Warner.
> --rworkman

I did submit the patch upstream about the same time I submitted the SlackBuild.  diakonos's author, Pistos, emailed me back saying that he will probably implement the global help files in a similar way to my patch.  For a while Pistos was trying to put the program more in userspace to make it more compatible with ruby Gems.  He is now returning the program to a more system wide default install while still trying to make it work well with ruby Gems.

Of course, ruby Gems do not matter for this SlackBuild since I do not use them (nor am I familiar with ruby Gems whatsoever).

This program is maturing nicely and I encourage anyone who would like a combination of vim power and notepad keyboard shortcuts in a console editor to check it out.

--phillip