[Slackbuilds-users] pre-mature post..ulation of wxX11

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at gmx.at
Thu Feb 7 07:56:15 UTC 2008

Vincent Batts wrote:
> erg, i got so stirred when i didn't properly assess wxX11, i didn't go back
> and search for wxGTK.
> so i need to download the version from the site and validate that the
> version of truecrypt.SlackBuild i submitted will build against it instead.

I had a look at truecrypt and its README states it requires wxWindows 2.8.x.
The current version of wxGTK in the repo is 2.6.4, so this might not work.
However you can try build against wxPython, which ships wxGTK in version 2.8.

On another note, the link specified in the info-file does not work. I had a
look on the website and found out, that the download links are generated at
random. The Sourceforge project site just tells to go to the website and
download there. I couldn't find a source package via google as well. So you
probably should also think about solving that problem.

Grs,

Heinz Wiesinger