[Slackbuilds-users] Problems with some slackbuilds

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Feb 9 17:16:07 UTC 2008

ktabic wrote:
> Recently tried building encfs, which requires rlog. The download and
> homepage links for rlog don't work at this time, they seem to have
> changed to the following:
> Homepage: http://www.arg0.net/rlog
> Download: http://rlog.googlecode.com/files/rlog-1.3.7.tgz

I'll check into these - that's unexpected.

> Also the download link for QtCurve-Gtk2 has changed - it now downloads version 0.55.3 instead of 0.55.2

That's expected. The QtCurve guys don't leave older versions on the
site, so our links break as soon as they release an update.
They release updates pretty frequently, and it's a waste of our time
to update the scripts with a simple VERSION bump every week or so;
therefore, we leave that to the users.  We'll push an update every
now and then, especially if the new release requires more than a
simple VERSION increment, but don't expect us to follow upstream
development on projects with insane release cycles.

-RW