[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with slack 12.1 tightvnc script

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jun 12 05:04:55 UTC 2008

Jim Kalb wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I downloaded the slackbuilds slack 12.1/tightvnc script and the
> tightvnc source tarball yesterday, compiled, installed, and ran into
> odd problems with the color display on linux=>win 2000. The problems
> disappeared when I removed the package I had compiled and installed
> the slack 12.1/linuxpackages *.tgz. For a fuller account, see
>
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/color-problems-with-slack-12.1tightvnc-server-647689/
>
> Dunno if any wants to pursue this, but I thought I'd report it. If you
> want more info, email me. The only possibly mildly unusual feature of
> my slack 12.1 installation I can think of is that I don't have kde
> installed.

Hmm, no idea.
Is tightvnc gpl?  If so, maybe you should mail the person who packaged
it for LP and tell them to provide you with full sources, including
any scripts used to build the package.  Regardless of whether they
used a script, they should at least have the configure and other such
options documented and be able to provide those to you.

-RW