[Slackbuilds-users] Fwd: bug on openbox package

Eric Hameleers eha at sox.homeip.net
Tue Jun 24 08:24:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008, Robby Workman wrote:

> Please preserve CC list.
>

> Bruno Queiros wrote:
>
>> I've been dealing a long time with a minor on openbox package, the openbox
>> install ok, but it doesn't create the openbox config files on the user's
>> home, and most important it doesn't use the autostart.sh feature, witch is
>> needed to launch certain programs. So after a few reading, (i'm using the
>> kdm login manager) i found out that to properly use openbox, it must be
>> launch with openbox-session and not openbox, altough both will work, the
>> openbox will not use autostart.sh. In your package after installing, it
>> does create the file in  /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions/openbox.desktop  but
>> it launches the openbox (exec=openbox and tryecec=openbox) while it should
>> be exec=/usr/bin/openbox-session and tryexec=/usr/bin/openbox-session. So
>> if you could fix (i think it's your slackbuild file) it would be great
>

> Thanks for the report.  I'm CC'ing Chess Griffin on this, as I believe
> this is one of his scripts, actually.  I know he's in the middle of
> some major personal business right now, so there might be a slight
> delay on any action though.

You can also take a look at my openbox package at
http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/openbox/ - the .desktop files
in the package will start openbox-session (I did not have to do a thing
for that) and I also added a xinitrc file to be used with xwmconfig if you
do not use runlevel 4. I use this package successfully as part of my LXDE
desktop environment, but KDM recognizes the three session types "openbox",
"openbox-gnome" and "openbox-kde".

Regards, Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Email: alien at slackware.com
Jabber: alien at jabber.xs4all.nl
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E  581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0