[Slackbuilds-users] libraries/lame

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat May 17 04:00:11 UTC 2008

Michiel van Wessem wrote:

> my bad actually for not properly looking. The link in the .info is
> perfectly valid. dl.sourceforge.net is the round robbin database that
> points to the different sourceforge mirrors.
>
> I am going to guess that you hit a bad mirror and found one that worked.
>
> this issue is already described in http://slackbuilds.org/faq/#badlink ..

Holy crap, what's with the html email?  Was that you, or did I manage
to royally screw up my mail client, or both?

Anyway, I think we need an official statement about the sf mirrors.
I've found that using "downloads." is always more reliable than
"dl." so perhaps we should note that in our submission guidelines.

-RW