[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20080520

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Tue May 20 20:45:45 UTC 2008

Menno Duursma wrote:

> On Tue, 20 May 2008, Robby Workman wrote:
>
>> network/cfengine: Update for version 2.2.6.
>>  Thanks to Menno E. Duursma.  --David Somero
>
> This seems to have gone wrong somehow, i didn't remember this to
> be in 'system' before but alas it was (and still is) ...
>
> The build does seem to work right, appart from it including some
> empty dirs (which, mind you, is entirely my mistake) thing is i
> don't really understand what the 'tags' field in the submission
> page does, or is supposed to do. Especially for scripts that
> are an update of what is in de repo already.
>
> Reason why i changed that:
>
> Cfengine can be used on systems having no network capabilities
> as a generic system config tool, however it is _much_ more usefull
> on IP networked systems, and i reckon generaly used as such ...

Ack.  I fixed the ChangeLog entry (sorry for the RSS spam) :)
and will leave it in System for the reasons you outlined above.

The tags are search tags - things that users can type into our
search field and return cfengine as one of the results.

For things that are updates, it's perfectly acceptable to leave
that field blank, as we'll just copy over what's already there.
If you have a new tag to add, then add *only* that new tag,
and we'll append it to the list of current search tags.

-RW