[Slackbuilds-users] Note in bitlbee SBo regarding configuration

Daniel Black erectlocution at gmail.com
Fri May 30 14:44:04 UTC 2008

Hi, folks,

The configuration note for the bitlbee SBo suggests the user add the
following to inetd.conf:

6667 stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/sbin/bitlbee

I tried this, and could not connect to bitlbee.  /var/log/secure logged
connection refusals.  I poked around bitlbee's docs, and they recommend
the following:

6667 stream tcp nowait nobody /usr/sbin/bitlbee bitlbee

With this, upon restarting inetd, I connected without issue.  I'm
running stock 12.1, so I imagine this is the case with most anyone.  Is
this a change that should be made in the SBo documentation?

Thanks,

Daniel