[Slackbuilds-users] Ruby gems packaging policies

Marco Bonetti marco.bonetti at slackware.it
Tue Nov 18 10:45:37 UTC 2008

Hi all,
does anyone have already packaged a ruby gem? Or, are there any policies
about it?
I'm taking a look at some dependencies for scripts I'll submit sooner or
later (probably later, I'm lazy and I've just started this quest ;-) ) and
I've encountered a gem. Slackbuilds.org already has the package for the
rubygems installer so, as it's the first time I'll play with ruby, I was
wondering if a "gem install -i $PKG ..." will suffice.
I can always put a note inside the README about manually installing the
gem with rubygems but I'd prefer not doing so, unless there's no other
choice.

ciao

--
Marco Bonetti