[Slackbuilds-users] lapack, blas, etc.

Vincent Batts vbatts at hashbangbash.com
Wed Nov 19 19:29:40 UTC 2008

> On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Serban Udrea
> <serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
>> Then I would say that this should be mentioned in the README file of the
>> openmotif package because it looks like there is indeed a conflict.
>
> Then the package shouldnt be part of SBo or someone should write i
> script that removes the conflicts
> automagically. Like eg. nvidia does.
> Isnt one of the philosophies of SBo not to mess with packages already
> in Slackware?
>
> Greg

since openMotif is not provided in the base slackware installation, then
having it here is not duplicating what is already provided.
i think the best solution is to just document it in the README, especially
if there are other projects that explicitly require it.
as for having it scripted to automatically remove any conflicting
packages, that just sounds like an offending problem waiting to happen,
and a solution that wouldn't be best for everyone.

vb

--
vb

http://hashbangbash.com/