[Slackbuilds-users] problematic sources [was: Mirodi Snapshot Hosting]

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 22:33:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM, LukenShiro <lukenshiro at ngi.it> wrote:
> domenica 23 novembre 2008, LukenShiro ha scritto:
>> As soon as possible I intend to verify all package sources'
>> availability to have a complete view, so I can tell which are related
>> packages.
>
> Approximately, the following are the packages I was referring to, whose
> download address doesn't work because the package has been removed or
> moved, or they cannot be validated, or they cannot be downloaded
> automatically because of ssl authentication (maybe there are other
> ones):
>
>   [ ... ]

Thanks for pointing to the issues; here are comments on "mine" packages:

> Pivy
> http://pivy.coin3d.org/download/snapshot/releases/daily/Pivy-
> latest.tar.gz
> wrong MD5SUM (snapshot)

I'm probably going to change the SlackBuild for this package soon, so
that sources are fetched from the SVN, as pointed recently on the list
that the SlackBuild for ffmpeg is doing...

> sip
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/sip4/sip-4.7.7.tar.gz
> 404 Not Found
>
>  [ ... ]
>
> pyqt4
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Downloads/PyQt4/PyQt-x11-
> gpl-4.4.3.tar.gz
> 404 Not Found

I've just posted updates for these two.  Apologies for not tracking
them more carefully - packages get in -current along with KDE 4.x, and
am using these versions from that point.

> efreet
> http://download.enlightenment.org/snapshots/2008-09-25/efreet-0.5.0.050.tar.bz2
> wrong MD5SUM

May I ask someone of admins to fix MD5SUM?

> osggis
> http://wush.net/websvn/osggis/dl.php?repname=osggis&path=%2Ftags%2FT2007-10-12_V0.1.0%2F&rev=0&isdir=1
> gives an application/x-gzip file with an unusual name

I orphaned this one, along with OpenSceneGraph (that is its
dependency); so I guess if no one popped up in the meantime, these
could be removed from the repository either now or maybe when 12.2
branch created.

Regards,
Alex