[Slackbuilds-users] Freeze on New Submissions to Prepare for 12.2

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 12:36:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:53 PM, Grissiom <chaos.proton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 05:03, Aleksandar Samardzic <asamardzic at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>>    [ ... ]
>>
>> At least this is how I see it from the perspective of qt4 SBo
>> SlackBuild maintainer: as soon as qt4 appeared in -testing of the
>> current, I switched to using it.  I guess most of other maintainers
>> prefer too to see corresponding packages included in the Slackware in
>> one way or another, and thus get rid of the further maintenance...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alex
>
> But qt4 package in tesing/ could not co-exitst with qt3 package in the l/.
> I'm using KDE4 so I'm not care for qt3 stuff. But it's painful for the ones
> that still using KDE3. AFAIS, the SBo qt4 package can co-exist with the
> offical qt3 package. So it is worth to remain a SBo qt4 package in my view.
> But the SlackBuilds that using qt4 lib should be aware of offical qt4
> package too.

Got your point; on the other side, I'm happy with qt4 from testing, so
I have no itch to scratch any more here.  Thus, if there appear users
in situation you described (willing to stay with KDE3, but still to
have Qt 4 installed along), and if anyone among them is willing to
keep maintaining qt4 SBo SlackBuild after 12.2 release, then I'll be
glad to offer any kind of help; still, after 12.2 released I won't
update qt4 SlackBuild any more.

Regards,
Alex