[Slackbuilds-users] OpenOffice 3 SlackBuild - Spell Checker broken

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Wed Oct 15 19:47:23 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:31:36 -0500
Robby Workman <rw at rlworkman.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 10:48:36 -0700 (PDT)
> Phillip Warner <pc_warner at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Based on what Willy said maybe Robby should have all three installed
> > in the doinst.sh.  The one that would get used by default would be
> > the one that matches the users language settings in OOo.
>

> I don't see a *good* reason not to just install all of them, unless of
> course they add lots of space to the package.  I don't think that will
> be the case, as they obviously ship with the package - they're just
> not activated for whatever reason.
>
> The problem now is to figure out a way to "activate" them inside the
> package DESTDIR before it's tgz'd up.

To reply to myself:

liberty $ ./unopkg --help

using: unopkg add <options> extension-path...
       unopkg remove <options> extension-identifier...
       unopkg list <options> extension-identifier...
       unopkg reinstall <options>
       unopkg gui
       unopkg -V
       unopkg -h

sub-commands:
 add                     add extension
 remove                  remove extensions by identifier
 reinstall               expert feature: reinstall all deployed
extensions list                    list information about deployed
extensions gui                     raise Extension Manager Graphical
User Interface (GUI)

 -h, --help              this help
 -V, --version           version information
 -v, --verbose           verbose output to stdout
 -f, --force             force overwriting existing extensions
 --log-file <file>       custom log file; default: <cache-dir>/log.txt
 --shared                expert feature: operate on shared installation
                                         deployment context;
                                         run only when no concurrent
Office process(es) are running!
 --deployment-context    expert feature: explicit deployment context
     <context>

For details concerning deployment and this tool, please read the
developer's guide: http://api.openoffice.org/DevelopersGuide/unopkg.html

I suspect that the solution to this is buried in that link somewhere,
but I can't get there at the moment, because the OOo website is being
hammered, they say.  Oh well.

-RW