[Slackbuilds-users] Herrie 2.2 SlackBuild has old tarball still

Audrius Kažukauskas neobug at tornado.ktu.lt
Wed Oct 22 09:21:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 16:57:15 -0700, Phillip Warner wrote:
> Speaking of which, I'm interested in getting some feedback on the
> experimental patches I have added in.  If anyone using them would like
> to start a thread here or on the herrie mailing list that would be
> great.

I tried filter patch, but it caused strange behaviour when I added
"flac" to the list (ignoring everything except "ogg"), so I ditched it.
And speaking about FLACs, why does herrie need additional library
(libsndfile) for playback?  The one that is in SBo, doesn't compile in
-current (apparently due to newer automake), luckily there's a pre-built
package in http://slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/libsndfile/, which
worked fine.  And the development model of libsndfile is weird, the last
official release was two years ago.

Having said that, I enjoy herrie a lot. Vi-like keybindings is a nice
touch.  Replaced Amarok2 (a big disappointment by itself) with it.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas