[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.13.0 released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Oct 27 20:35:09 UTC 2008

Jorge Gajon wrote:
> Hi Chess,
> Thank you for creating such a useful tool. I really appreciate it.

Thanks, I am glad that it working well for you.

> I just wanted to let you know that the version of rsync that comes
> with Slackware 12.0 (rsync-2.6.9-i486-2_slack12.0) does not support
> the --contimeout option, generating an error when you select the
> "Rsync" option in the sbopkg menu.
>
> Apparently, this option was added to rsync in version 3.0.0pre6. You
> can see it by visiting the Changelog:
>
>     http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/ChangeLog.gz
>
> and searching for "contimeout".
>

> I am attaching a patch, but I'm not sure if I'm doing things
> correctly. My bash-fu is not very good, I'm sorry.
>
> Thank you!
>
> - Jorge

This may explain another bug report I got via IRC.  My apologies.  I
tested on 12.1 only.

Thanks for the patch.  I'll take a look at this and figure out the best
way to fix it.  A current workaround would be to change --contimeout to
--timeout in line 753 of /usr/bin/sbopkg.

Update to follow shortly...

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3