[Slackbuilds-users] Inkscape - Missing dependency

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Sep 8 02:56:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:09:03 +0100
"Steven A. McIntosh" <mcintosh at cotterochan.co.uk> wrote:

> In order to build inkscape you require "boost" and in order to get a
> print preview you require "evince".
>
> Boost is on SlackBuilds.org but evince isn't.

evince is an optional dependency of inkscape.  We don't have a build
of evince because nobody has taken the time to do one, and since
inkscape functions just fine otherwise without it, I haven't bothered
to work on it either.  If print preview functionality is something that
you really need (and I understand if that's the case), then perhaps you
might consider one of the third-party gnome offerings or maybe even
work up a dependency tree for evince.

-RW