[Slackbuilds-users] CurseTheWeather maintainer's email and runtime problems

Phillip Warner pc_warner at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 04:23:52 UTC 2008

I sent an email to the listed maintainer (Martin Lefebvre) for CurseTheWeather concerning some recent runtime errors I had, but the email address (dadexter at sekurity.com) no longer seems valid.  Perhaps the server is down for now.  Is this SlackBuild still being maintained?

Also, I'm wondering if any other CurseTheWeather users have noticed any recent runtime errors.  Mine are:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/ctw", line 377, in <module>
    curses.wrapper(main)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
    return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
  File "/usr/bin/ctw", line 282, in main
    update(stdscr)
  File "/usr/bin/ctw", line 250, in update
    except urllib2.URLError:
NameError: global name 'urllib2' is not defined

I am thinking that the site the program extracts its data from has changed its format or something (and the exception handler is not apparently working properly).  The error occurs on Slackware 12.0 and 12.1 (so it does not seem related to any recent python updates).

Perhaps a small patch included in the slackBuild would fix these new problems.

--phil