[Slackbuilds-users] Awesome window manager

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Sep 10 15:59:48 UTC 2008

One of the SlackBuilds I maintain at SBo is the Awesome Window Manager
(http://awesome.naquadah.org/).  It's a nice window manager that I use
it daily.  I'm about to submit an update to the latest stable version
2.3.4.

The problem is, I've been using awesome for quite some now, and the
developer has a history of completely rewriting the configuration file
and making all sorts of substantial changes from one stable branch to
the next.  The upcoming Awesome3 (will be released soon) is going to
be _very_ different and will have a completely new lua-based API with,
yet again, another changed configuration file, and different
dependencies.

Frankly, I like awesome2 and don't plan to use awesome3.  I'll keep
the awesome2 SlackBuild in SBo and maintain it for the time being, but
I do not plan to submit or maintain one for awesome3.  If anyone wants
to create and submit an awesome3 SlackBuild, please go for it.

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Public Key: 0x0C7558C3