[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.11.0 Released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Fri Sep 12 13:51:39 UTC 2008

Sbopkg version 0.11.0 has been released.  Many thanks to all the
contributors!  Some of the highlights include:

* After many, _many_ requests, sbopkg now adds preliminary support to
install a package by calling upgradepkg --reinstall --install-new.
Currently, this new feature is only available in the dialog interface
(the cli version will include this feature shortly).  If sbopkg finds
a package for the selected application in the $OUTPUT directory, then
a new menu item will automagically appear allowing the user to install
the package.  Thanks very much to Erik Hanson for the initial code to
get this working.  Please do test this functionality and let me know
if there are any issues.
* Much improved menu navigation -- the 'Return to Main Menu' feature
that appeared in the last release is now moved down as a button next
to "Ok" and "Back."  Additionally, several of "Cancel" buttons are
renamed "Back." I think these changes greatly improve things from a
user interface perspective.  Thanks to Erik Hanson for the
suggestions.
* There is a new option in sbopkg.conf "TERMBUILD" that allows a user
to optionally have the package building process step outside of dialog
and process in a regular terminal.  Thanks to Erik Hanson for the
suggestion and patch to make this work.
* Create a pid file when sbopkg is first run and check for its
existence to prevent multiple instances of sbopkg from running.
Thanks to David Somero for the suggestion.
* Add in several bugfixes for the update list.  Thanks to Erik Hanson
and The-spiki for the bug reports.

Please check out the included ChangeLog for more details.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a bug report, patch, suggestion or
otherwise provided feedback.  As always, please report any bugs to me
via email, the sbopkg mailing list, or, preferably, using the Issue
tracker on the project's website.  I can also be found in #sbopkg,
#slackbuilds, and ##slackware on freenode.

A noarch package and source tarball for version 0.11.0 can be found at
the sbopkg project website:

http://code.google.com/p/sbopkg

Enjoy!

--