[Slackbuilds-users] perl modules' naming convention

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Sat Sep 13 08:05:30 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I was preparing a .SlackBuild for spamassassin and its correlative perl
modules (only required modules: for now I'll avoid optional ones), and
I've noticed in the SBo repository some packages are prepended with
"perl-" and other are simply capitalized (without prefix).

Do we have a standard naming convention for perl modules to follow?
Basically I would go for "spamassassin" (without prefix or "Mail") and
"perl-$A-$B" (for cpan modules; e.g. perl-net-dns, perl-html-parser
...). Is it acceptable?

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware 'current'
LU #210970 LM #98222 SU #12583