[Slackbuilds-users] VirtualBox

Audrius Kažukauskas neobug at tornado.ktu.lt
Fri Sep 26 11:05:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 12:48:28 +0200, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> This seems strange. I can't tell about the menu-thing, as I don't have the
> time to build virtualbox on current at the moment, but you should be able to
> start virtualbox via command-line by typing "VirtualBox".

I think menu entry is missing probably due to non-existent VirtualBox
executable in $PATH.

> Things you can check:
> -) Is there a /etc/vbox/vbox.conf.new? If yes, replace it with the old one.

There's only a /etc/vbox/vbox.conf with following content:

  # VirtualBox installation directory
  INSTALL_DIR="/usr/lib/virtualbox"

  # vboxdrv source location
  MODULE_SRC="/usr/src"

> -) Is there a /usr/bin/VirtualBox and/or /usr/bin/VBox?

No /usr/bin/VirtualBox.  /usr/bin/VBox exists, but trying to run it
gives me "Unknown application - VBox" output.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas