[Slackbuilds-users] VirtualBox

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Fri Sep 26 12:12:31 UTC 2008

xgizzmo at slackbuilds.org wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2008 06:09:55 Audrius Kažukauskas wrote:
> >  and I've built VBox with
> > VBOXUSERS=no QT4=yes QT3=no flags.
>
> If you use QT3=no it effectively disables QT4 also,
> as you can see from this bit of code from the SlackBuild.
>
> #<--- if no QT3 jump down to the last else
> if [ "$QT3" = "yes" ]; then
>     qt3gui="--with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt"
>
>     if [ "$QT4" = "yes" ]; then
>         patch -d src/VBox/Installer/linux -i $CWD/VBox.diff
>         qt4gui="--with-qt4-dir=/usr/lib/qt4"
>         GUI="VirtualBox VirtualBox3"
>     else
>         cd src/VBox/Installer/linux
>             sed -i "s|/VirtualBox|/VirtualBox3|" VBox.sh
>         cd -
>         qt4gui="--disable-qt4"
>         GUI="VirtualBox"
>     fi
> #<----- last else way down here
> else
>     qt3gui="--disable-qt3"
> fi
>
> QT4=yes QT3=yes should make things work as you expected.

Well, no. VirtualBox's configure has a weird behaviour regarding qt. It does
not find qt3 automatically, even though it searches the right paths, so I
have to specify the qt3-install-directory with --with-qt-dir. For some
reason, if I use that method it does then not find qt4 either, which is why I
have to use a similar method for qt4 too.
However, if only qt4 is requested, configure has no problems with finding it
automatically. Unfortunately this reveals a bug I haven't thought of before,
as one can't disable both qt3 and qt4 at the same time. I will resolve this
as soon as possible.

Grs,
Heinz