[Slackbuilds-users] notify-python warning

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 21:39:32 UTC 2009

I recently ran an application that uses notify-python.  Miro to be exact.
And when I add a feed to the sidebar I get this error message.

AttributeError: 'pynotify.Notification' object has no attribute
'attach_to_status_icon'

I looked on the bug report list and found this ticket.
http://trac.galago-project.org/ticket/121

It seems that pynotify.c is not properly generated during compile time.  In
order to fix this I just added 'rm -f src/pynotify.c' right before the
configure step and it was automatically regenerated.  The above warning no
longer shows up.  As far as I know this warning doesn't hurt the
functionality of programs that use notify-python, but it is a quick and easy
fix.

Larry