[Slackbuilds-users] pygame.SlackBuild

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Sun Apr 12 20:46:36 UTC 2009

* Niklas 'Nille' Åkerström <nille.kungen at gmail.com> [2009-04-12 19:59:51]:

> I tried to build pygame today and found something i didn't like.
> It doesn't list the recomended dependencies smpeg and python-numeric
> http://slackbuilds.org/repository/12.2/multimedia/smpeg/
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/numpy/Numeric-24.2.tar.gz
> If you don't have them installed then it will ask an Y/n question.
> /" Warning, some of the pygame dependencies were not found. Pygame can still
> compile and install, but games that depend on those missing dependencies
> will not run. Would you like to continue the configuration? [Y/n]:"/
> Another thing is that this doesn't show in sbopkg,  but you can still
> pass Y/n to sbopkg (i told chess about it).
> So i hope the readme gets updated.
>
> Best regards Nille.
>
> PS sorry for the html only mail before.

Yep, I chatted with Nille in IRC and confirmed these two issues - that
pygame has deps that are not listed and that the messages spit out by
pygame for these missing deps are not displayed in sbopkg for some
reason -- not being sent to stdout/stderr?  Anyway, we'll take a look at
this for sbopkg and see if it's something we can work around or adddress
in sbopkg.  In the meantime, if the deps can be listed in the README
then this problem might be alleviated somewhat.

--
Chess Griffin