[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.27.2 Released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Thu Apr 30 15:44:31 UTC 2009

A new sbopkg version 0.27.2 has been released.  This is a second bugfix
release to the 0.27.x -stable branch of sbopkg.  While there are no
major changes or new features, this release fixes some important bugs,
so it is a recommended upgrade for all users.

Here is the ChangeLog for this release:

  * Remove a stale 'find' call, which slightly improves the update feature.
  * Add acroread->adobe-reader and GNOME-Colors->gnome-colors to
    sbopkg-renames.new.
  * Display a message when no packages are installed instead of doing nothing.
  * Properly quote the current working directory variable in the event there
    are spaces in the directory name.
  * Fix a bug where 'sbopkg -c -v local' would display a dialog even though
    running in cli mode.
  * Fix issue where the 'games' directory was non-browsable due to a
    slack-desc file containing double-quotes in the first line; thanks to
    Glenn Becker for the original bug report.

Be sure to migrate the changes from sbopkg-renames.new to your
sbopkg-renames (or just rename the file) in order to pick up the two
more renamed packages.

In subversionland, major commits were recently made to the -trunk branch
of sbopkg that included a gigantic cleanup patch that was the result of
several weeks of hard work by the whole sbopkg team.  We believe this
cleanup, which affected just about every part of sbopkg, should make the
codebase more readable, more manageable, and less bug-prone.  We plan to
continue to work hard on the -trunk branch until it's ready for release.
In the meantime, as previously mentioned, we will continue to put out
these bugfix releases to the 0.27.x branch as they are needed.

A noarch package and source tarball for sbopkg 0.27.2 can be found at
the sbopkg project website:

http://www.sbopkg.org.

Enjoy!

--