[Slackbuilds-users] Unchecked entries for 13.0

David Spencer nobbutl at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 21:02:20 UTC 2009

> Just a thing, I added libz path option but probably it is not needed
> and now it is not correct for x86_64 arch.

So, I've been maintainer for about nine hours now, and I've just made my
first embarassing mistake.  Impressive :-)

Apparently, when configure sees "--with-libz=/usr/lib", it just thinks
"external libz, not internal libz", and ignores the supplied path, and
successfully finds the external libz "wherever", and then lies about
where it found it.

checking for deflateInit_ in -lz... yes
checking for inflateCopy in -lz... yes
using libz library from /usr/lib

But... even though configure is ignoring the wrong path and successfully
finding the library, we really *should* give it the correct path.

Revised tarball attached.  I also updated the README, since swig will be
included in Slack 13.  Sorry everyone, and thanks Marco for the
correction.  I hope this has kept the list entertained!

-Dave S.