[Slackbuilds-users] Unchecked entries for 13.0

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Aug 15 16:10:05 UTC 2009

On Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:48:01 +0200
Niklas 'Nille' Åkerström <nille.kungen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now i wonder about the new arch testing.
> I don't have anything but an i486 box to test my builds on.
> I can add the other arch to my builds but i can't test it.
> So should i add tested arch to my reply with my results?

There's really no good way to handle this, at least for now.
While we'd prefer not to exclude maintainers that only have
one arch or another, the fact remains that there's a lot of
risk in allowing submissions that aren't tested on both.

For the time being, it's probably best to hold off on anything
if you can't test on both arches.  Once the 13.0 repo is made
public, I would expect that you'll be able to look at some of
the existing scripts to see what's likely to need done, and
probably that will cover the most common cases.  For the ones
that it doesn't, well, that's why we're testing them :-)

-RW