[Slackbuilds-users] Package Build Issues -- Update

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 2 01:48:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   When I grep for gtk in /var/log/packages these are returned:
>
> gtk+2-2.12.12-i486-1

   I found one problem. When building tinyerp-client the configure phase
fails for the same reason: cannot find gtk+2. So, I tried importing the
module in interactive python (according to find it resides in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk), but apparently it didn't make
it correctly:

[rshepard at salmo ~]$ python
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Sep 11 2008, 13:43:31)
[GCC 4.2.4] on linux2
>>> import gtk
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 48,
in <module>
     from gtk import _gtk
ImportError: /usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: undefined symbol: FT_Select_Size

   Reinstalling the gtk+2 package didn't help. Wonder what's going on here
... it could well be my syntax.

   fontconfig-2.6.0-i486-2 is installed, and that's where libfontconfig.so.1
is found.

   If there is a more appropriate mail list to help me learn how to identify
what broke and how to fix it, please point me there.

Thanks,

Rich