[Slackbuilds-users] desmume problems with nvidia-driver

Larry Hajali larryhaja at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 23:04:34 UTC 2009

Hello Heinz,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  I'm the SBo maintainer of
desmume.

I was unaware of this problem as I don't have an Nvidia card.  I read the
forum post you linked too and I see your suggestion is similar to the one
Ice posted near the end.  The file in question from the post "OGLRender.cpp"
that seems to be causing this has been updated many times in the subversion
directory since version 0.9 was released.  None of the changes say that it
addresses Nvidia drivers.  There is, however, a new version on sourceforge
that was released yestereday.  I've successfully compiled the 0.9.1 version
on a "non-vanilla" Slackware 12.2 w/ATI drivers and a "vanilla" Slackware
12.2 by just changing the version number in the slackbuild.  This doesn't
rectify the issue as I don't have an Nvidia card to test it on.  But it
would be great if you could test out the new release and see if it compiles
on your system with Nvidia drivers?  The new source package can be
downloaded from here:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/desmume/desmume-0.9.1.tar.gz

I will try to play around with it over the next couple of days and see if I
can find a computer with Nvidia drivers so I can reproduce the error.  Can
you give me more information about your system?  eg. Nvidia Driver version?
is the driver compiled from a slackbuild from slackbuilds.org?  Any other
relevant information?

If nothing has changed since the new release then I will update the
slackbuild with the new version number and the appropriate information in
the README.  Or any other suggestions that slackbuilds.org members would
recommend.

Thanks,
Larry