[Slackbuilds-users] Build Issues On One of Two Machines

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Sun Jan 25 21:35:35 UTC 2009

Rich Shepard wrote:
>    A couple of days ago I successfully built the taskjuggler and tinyerp
> packages on my notebook. Today both failed the build process on my
> server/workstation desktop. Both machines run Slackware-12.2 with all
> pertinent patches applied. I'd appreciate insight into what might be the
> problems on the one host.
>
>    TaskJuggler: complains it cannot find Qt. I have qt-3.3.8b, qt4-4.4.3
> installed from SlackBuild scripts and qt4-4.2.2 installed from a tarball
> build. I modified the taskjuggler.SlackBuild script to specify the qt4 root
> directory, include directory, and lib directory. No joy. Tried again with
> the paths to the 3.3.8b version. Still no joy. I'm at a loss what to do.

The GUI for taskjuggler does only work with qt3. I have no clue actually why
it isn't finding it, bot can give you some hints on what to try. You can try
reinstalling the stock qt-3.3.8 package and see if it works then. If it does,
most likely your qt4 4.2.2 screwed up the qt3 setup.
Also an option, but probably not the best one I suppose, is to build
taskjuggler without the GUI. Don't know the configure switch though currently

>    tinyerp-client: the tinyerp-client.SlackBuild script quickly halts
> displaying this:
>
> Error: python module gtk (gtk python bindings) is required
> Error: python module gtk.glade (glade python bindings) is required
>
> yet, PyGTK is installed: pygtk-2.12.1-i486-2.

I can not even guess here :/
Are these the only error messages you get?

>    Again, both built just fine on my notebook so I'm at a complete loss to
> understand why they won't build on the server/workstation even when the
> supposedly missing libraries are present.
>
> TIA,
>
> Rich

Grs,
Heinz