[Slackbuilds-users] sbopkg search tags

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at matf.bg.ac.yu
Fri Jan 30 10:06:10 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:05:21AM +0100, Eric Hameleers wrote:

>  [ ... ]
>
> The fact that a 3rd party tool (sbopkg) is available to ease the
> compilation of SlackBuilds.org scripts does not imply the reverse -
> that the SlackBuilds.org site's functionality should be adapted to
> comply with requirements imposed by an external tool.
>
> In other words, we will not change the site's functionality. Use a web
> browser and search the SlackBuilds.org site if you need to find
> something.

Just as a side comment: most of the time, the most boring part of
creating SlackBuild for me is choosing these "tags"; so on the opposite
of the OP suggestion, I wouldn't mind even if these completely removed
from the picture.  I wouldn't expect someone to start search for needed
package at SBo site; I'd expect user to accomplish Google search, find a
list of interesting packages, and then comes to SBo site to check which
of these are available there - at least this is what I'm doing when I
look for a piece of software...

On the other side: wouldn't be possible (if not already implemented) for
sbopkg to employ grep, or something alike to search through
README/slack-desc files?

Regards,
Alex