[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuilds in python ?

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Fri May 8 14:40:32 UTC 2009

在 星期五 08 五月 2009 15:30:43,Xavier Maillard 写道:
> Hi,
>
> do you have any example of slackbuilds written in another scripting
> language than bash, say, for example, in Python ?
>
> I am planning to write one myself to see whether it could benefit of
> the Python strengh.
>
> Why ask ? Because I am writting a more complex slackbuild than I am
> used to (with multiple result packages) so I am writting many times the
> same code over and over. Maybe having a slackbuild python object with
> good methods could be valuable here.
>
> At the bare minimum, are functions (bash functions) accepted on SBo ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Xavier Maillard

Maybe this is a little OT but AFAIK Foresight( http://www.foresightlinux.org/
) use python to do packaging. Thay say thier package system is powerful and
flexible and ... Ok, anyway, but the more I see slackware the more I reallize
that shell is enough for software packaging. Maybe you could post your problem
here and let's have a disccusion about the solutions if you wish;)

--
Cheers,
Grissiom