[Slackbuilds-users] [FYI]SlackBuild for python modules should be architecture dependent

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:28:27 UTC 2009

2009/5/28 Dušan Stefanović <stefanovic.dusan at gmail.com>

> Maybe like this:
> ARCH=noarch
> LIBDIRSUFFIX=${LIBDIRSUFFIX:-32}
>
> there is no sense to use i486 or x86_64 as ARCH in noarch package just
> to set directory right.
>
> regards,
> ds

Hmm, so, what does "noarch" mean? IMHO, a noarch package is the one I can
install it regardless whatever platform I'm running and after installing it,
I can use it. If I installed a package that copy python modules into
/usr/lib/pythonx.x/xxx I will have noway to take use of it under
slackware64.(actually there is a way but it's dirty and painful)

--
Cheers,
Grissiom