[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20091102

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Mon Nov 2 10:59:18 UTC 2009

---- 8< ---- Murat D. Kadirov ---- 8< ----
>> Yes, it is true.
>> There has been a massive rewrite in order to let GTK2 do the work
>> previously handled by Gnome componenents.
>> However, when I was addressing the new Abiword series earlier, gsf-gio
>> was
>> a dependency, needing a rebuild of the libgsf offered by Slackware.
>> Has this been removed/resolved?
> Not abiword. Gnumeric needs rebuilding libgsf offered by slackware. I
> emailed about to P. but without result.. May be it has somewhat negative
> influence on other packages depend on libgsf.
---- 8< ---- Murat D. Kadirov ---- 8< ----

I seem to remember someone mentioning that there were some issues with
including GIO that Pat didn't want to get into. I wrote to him about
including Abiword at some point, and it seems he took a wait-and-see
approach to it.
I would love Abiword in Slackware - it fits very well into the Abiword
philosophy, I think. But of course, there is also the question about how
to look at the binding to Abicollab.net - their
free-of-cost-but-otherwise-not new service for putting docs in the cloud.

Yours,
Morten
__
http://www.syntaktisk.dk