[Slackbuilds-users] virtualbox-ose.SlacBuild on Multilib install

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Thu Oct 1 06:50:32 UTC 2009

On Thursday 01 October 2009 08:30:58 Chris Abela wrote:
> Hi Heinz,
>
> Thank you for the instant reply. On my part, I am overwhelmed with other
> chores as usual and virtualbox takes long to compile.
>
> I confirm that gsoap from www.slackbuilds.org plays fine with
> virtualbox-ose, but there was an update to 2.7.14. I always tweak the
> SlackBuilds to the latest source when the script looks standard enough but
> this time round, it did not pay.

Uhh, yeah. Virtualbox not working with the newest gsoap was to be expected. I
had to report multiple times that it didn't compile with 2.7.13 until it got
fixed. So this is an upstream bug and there's pretty much nothing apart from
reporting it that we can do.

> I also confirm that editing LIBDIRSUFFIX is not necessary. I take your word
> that it is "certainly wrong".
>
> However, I have to confirm that unless I have finally gone crazy,
> VBOXUSERS=no is not respected by the SlackBuild. Moreover, setting
> HARDENING=no and VBOXUSERS=no crashes the SlackBuild when the patches kick
> in. The README seems to indicate setting that HARDENING=no and VBOXUSERS=no
> is not foreseen.

I know about that bug, it's fixed in my local version and will be part of the
update I'll submit soon. I still need a bit of testing time though :)
Basically VBOXUSERS=no will disappear, it was a hack anyway. For future
version having the vboxusers group will be obligatory.

Grs,
Heinz