[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20091006

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Tue Oct 6 10:03:29 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 06 October 2009 10:54:41 Serban Udrea wrote:
> Robby Workman wrote:
> > office/scribus: Updated for version 1.3.5.1.
> >   Thanks to Heinz Wiesinger.  --rworkman
>
> Hello!
>
> There is a recommendation/warning about this in the release notes of the
> scribus developers:

> The Scribus Team still recommends that all distributions package only
> Scribus 1.3.3.13 or 1.3.3.14svn. We recommend the additional packaging
> of 1.3.5 only if it is marked as a development version and can be
> installed alongside an existing Scribus 1.3.3.x (for example as
>  scribus-ng).

[..]

> Maybe it would be good not to drop 1.3.3.13 and add a warning in the
> README file from the 1.3.5.1 slackbuild directory.

Ok, first a clarification that this was not an update from 1.3.3.x, but from a
1.3.5 release candidate version. 1.3.3.13 was never in the 13.0 repository,
and will never be, at least not with me as the maintainer.

I do know that upstream recommends using 1.3.3.x, but decided to go for 1.3.5
anyway, because it is based on Qt4 instead of Qt3, which means easier
installation and maintenance for both me and the users. Additionally I have
been working with 1.3.5 enough to say that it works reasonably well.

If someone wants 1.3.3.x instead, he's free to edit either the 12.2 or the
13.0 SlackBuild himself.

I don't consider a warning to be necessary, since we don't do warnings on
beta/rc/svn versions either.

Grs,
Heinz