[Slackbuilds-users] Problem with libsynce SlackBuilds

Didier Spaier didier.spaier at epsm.fr
Wed Oct 7 19:07:55 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 07 October 2009 17:08:47 Eric Hameleers wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Didier Spaier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have Slackware64-13.0, multilib following Eric's instructions.
> >
> > Running libsynce.SlackBuild from slackbuilds.org fail during make because
> > of: "/usr/lib/libhal.so: could not read symbols: File in wrong format";
> > same problem with /usr/lib/libgobject-2.0.so and /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so
> >
> > After "removepkg glib2-compat32 dbus-compat32 hal-compat32" I could run
> > the SlackBuild and get libsynce package
> >
> > I did check that I ran the SlackBuild with ARCH=x86_64
> >
> > I do not know if this problem lie in the SlackBuild script, libsynce's
> > source archive, compat-32 packages or between the chair and the keyboard.
> >
> > Didier
>
> Check the section of our FAQ: http://slackbuilds.org/faq/#x86_64 and
> especially adding this line to the configure command is important, it
> was not present by default in a lot of our Slackware 13.0 submissions
> because it is not needed when you run pure-64bit Slackware:
>
> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX}" \
>
> In a multilib setup, it is important that you point the tools to the
> lib64 directories first.
>
> Cheers, Eric

Thanks Eric, it worked. So alas my third hypothesis was the good one :-(

While I am at it, one more silly question: in SlackBuilds that include the line:
ARCH=${ARCH:-i486}

Why not replace it by:
ARCH=${ARCH:-$(uname -m)}

so that in most case it be no more necessary to set ARCH at run time when it's not i486 ?

Cheers,

Didier