[Slackbuilds-users] schedtool SlackBuild

Dave Margell dmargell at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 13:17:04 UTC 2009

I've been using Con Kolivas' BFS (Brain F**k Scheduler) patch version 304,
and my desktop seems stable and very responsive with this patch.
(2.6.31-sched-bfs-304.patch)
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/

Con mentions using schedtool in his "bfs-faq",
and it sounds like it could be a useful tool even on a vanilla kernel.
So I thought I'd take a crack at writing a schedtool.SlackBuild.

Problem is schedtool doesn't have a configure script,
and I can't find a way to pass custom CFLAGS to "make"
without directly editing the Makefile.

The author sets the CFLAGS to:
CFLAGS=-Os -fomit-frame-pointer -s -pipe

I've used sed to replace the CFLAGS, and I wonder if this is acceptable,
or if there's another way to accomplish this.
Or should I just leave the authors CFLAGS alone?

I've temporarily included the slack-desc, url and md5sum
within the attached script.
Do you think it could meet SBo standards?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Dave.