[Slackbuilds-users] Strange Wiki Webpage

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri Oct 30 19:10:55 UTC 2009

On Friday 30 October 2009 13:55:45 Timothy Pollard wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 19:39:33 +0100
>
> Serban Udrea <serban.udrea at skmail.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I just tried to access SlackWiki.org from the links provided on
> >
> > http://slackbuilds.org/howto/
> >
> > and got a strange result, please see attached picture.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Serban Udrea
>
> Whoever owned the SlackWiki.org domain let it expire. That's a domain
> squatters web page.

$ whois slackwiki.org
Last Updated On:28-Oct-2009 11:52:31 UTC
Expiration Date:27-Oct-2010 04:41:31 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Status:CLIENT TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:AUTORENEWPERIOD

It appears that the registrar has extended the registration and is
holding it hostage. I'm guessing that it will cost quite a bit extra
to rescue it.

The domain name business is very sleazy, run by and for the benefit
of spammers.