[Slackbuilds-users] keepalived

Nishant Limbachia nishant at mnspace.net
Fri Aug 27 22:25:18 UTC 2010

On 08/27/2010 04:17 PM, Nilton Moura wrote:
> I'm trying to make a SlackBuild for the keepalived project, but the
> format of the source is like Fedora, copying init script to
> /etc/init.d and one specific configuration file under /etc/sysconfig.
> I think that I need to put this file under the /etc/keepalived that
> exists, and about the init script, should I create a new one or
> install the same under /etc/rc.d and change the call from
> /etc/sysconfig to /etc/keepalived with sed for example in the
> doinst.sh?

You will probably want to modify the init file to the Slackware
preferred way.  Look at the other rc files available in Slackware.  For
the config file, you can check if the software supports starting via an
alternate config file.  e.g. something like.

keepalived --config /etc/keepalived

You can then modify the rc file to call the program with that specific
option.  You also have to see if init file has Fedora specific stuff, if
yes, then you need to test if that would work on stock Slackware.

Just my 2c.  Other experienced Slackers will probably give you a better
advice.