[Slackbuilds-users] Github

Pierre Cazenave pwcazenave at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 09:57:09 UTC 2010

On 15/12/2010 09:47, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
> 2010/12/15 Pierre Cazenave<pwcazenave at gmail.com>:
>> A project for which I maintain a SlackBuild (gimp-deskew-plugin)
>> has gone offline. The code has been forked and uploaded to github,
>> however there are no snapshots available. I have discovered it's
>> possible to download a current snapshot with
>> https://github.com/prokoudine/gimp-deskew-plugin/tarball/master --
>> is this an acceptable $DOWNLOAD?
>>
>> I am new to github, so if I've missed something, I'd be happy to be
>> told.
>>
> Check this out:
> http://support.github.com/discussions/repos/1281-direct-download-with-wget

Thanks. I've had a look at the github site for the Gimp deskew plugin,
but there haven't been any official releases, so I can't specify a
version in the url to download. I can only download Master, which might
change, at which point the md5 sum of the source in my .info file will
differ from the downloaded source's sum.

Should I just download the current snapshot and see if I can find
somewhere to host it?

Thanks,

Pierre