[Slackbuilds-users] Maintenance of yalla-one's slackbuilds

Greg' Ar Tourter artourter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 23:48:55 UTC 2010

Hi,

I just got an answer from Halim (yalla-one) to my request of maintaining
pdftk. It seems from his answer that he does not have time to maintains
scripts at the moment and would welcome people to take over his:

Hi, please by all means do take over. I have been buried in work for
> the past six months, and the next year does not look any better. I
> sent an email to the SBo list a few months back asking for someone to
> take over my orphaned builds, so your initiative would be greatly
> appreciated!

The current list of scripts is:
academic/units
desktop/crystalcursors
libraries/id3lib
network/GeoIP
network/aircrack-ng
system/cabextract
system/clamav
system/irqbalance

I currently have an updated script for units and cabextract that I can
submit if noone else wants to take them.

I also would not mind taking over clamav, however this is only a slightly
modified version of Alienbob script which he make available on his repo so I
don't know if he want to take that one over or if he is fine having his
script continuing being maintained by someone else on SBo. I use clamav on
all my machines and have been using Alien's package since the SBo one wasn't
kept up to date. But I prefer having all the packages coming from one source
as it is easier to maintain over several machines.

Cheers

Greg