[Slackbuilds-users] the .info file

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 00:53:16 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 8:25 AM, JK Wood <joshuakwood at gmail.com> wrote:

> The day SBo starts tracking dependencies is the day I fork the project...
>
> Wait, I already forked the project...
>
> Okay, so the day SBo starts tracking dependencies is the day I stop
> submitting SlackBuilds.
>
> --JK

Hi, don't be so hurry~;) I don't think the admins will accept this
proposal(to add dependency lines in .info) simply because Slackware doesn't
have it. Users always have an attempt to automate every thing(including me
sometimes). But in my _own_ view, slackware's philosophy is `program is
bullsh*t, manage them by yourself`.

Actually, there is a place to tell user dependencies -- README. However,
there is even no very-machine-friendly 'format' to declare that. IMHO, it
force users to read them by their own before making any packages.

Just my two cents. ;)

--
Cheers,
Grissiom