[Slackbuilds-users] vwm and 64bit paths

Pierre Cazenave pwcazenave at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 11:44:15 UTC 2010

On 18/01/2010 11:23, Ozan Türkyılmaz wrote:
> 2010/1/18 Pierre Cazenave<pwcazenave at gmail.com>:
>> I received a bug report for vwm about its inability to install its plugin
>> directory:
> [...]
>>
>> Would this be an acceptable solution?
>>

> i would solve it in header file. actually i should send the vwm guys a patch.
>
> something like this assuming we use gcc
>
> #ifdef __x86_64__
>   #ifndef _VWM_SHARED_MODULES
>    #ifdef _VIPER_WIDE
>    #define _VWM_SHARED_MODULES      "/usr/lib64/vwm/modules_wide/"
>   #else
>    #define _VWM_SHARED_MODULES      "/usr/lib64/vwm/modules/"
>   #endif
> #else
>   #ifndef _VWM_SHARED_MODULES
>    #ifdef _VIPER_WIDE
>    #define _VWM_SHARED_MODULES      "/usr/lib/vwm/modules_wide/"
>   #else
>    #define _VWM_SHARED_MODULES      "/usr/lib/vwm/modules/"
>   #endif
> #endif
>
> however i have to check some more docs about gcc macros (specially __i386__
> and how we can get some config material at compile time) and test how
> it acts under multilib and pure 64bit.

The SlackBuild I wrote already patches three Makefiles to remove
hardcoded paths. I haven't submitted those to the maintainer, though
they're on the SlackBuilds site, so I suppose I could email him a link
to them.

I wasn't aware there were specific architecture macros built in (i.e.
__x86_64__, __i386__), in which case this would be a neat solution.

When I've got a minute, I'll try your approach and see if it works.

Pierre