[Slackbuilds-users] About SlackBuilds that depend on modified Slackware packages

Max Miorim miorimmax at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 22:18:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

Quite some time ago I have switched from KDE4 to Awesome and so I
wrote the SlackBuilds for it and some dependencies.

However, the most recent versions (3.2.x if I'm not mistaken) require
cairo with experimental XCB support. Being an experimental feature,
it's not enabled on Slackware's cairo so one that wants to use my
SlackBuild will have to rebuild cairo and enable it.

So, here comes the question: assuming everything else with my
SlackBuild meets the requirements to get approved in an eventual
submission, will it be declined because the SlackBuild requires a
modified Slackware package? Even if I put a warning in the README?

The SlackBuilds for awesome and libxdg-basedir are in my github repo,
along with the modified cairo - if anyone's willing to test such
awesome desktop. :)

http://github.com/miorimmax/slackbuilds/tree/cairo
http://github.com/miorimmax/slackbuilds/tree/libxdg-basedir
http://github.com/miorimmax/slackbuilds/tree/awesome