[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for QT3 only app

Slacker build user slacker at slaphappygeeks.com
Thu Jun 3 22:42:40 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am finally getting my few packages updated to 13.1, and adding a new one I hope.

I am building Bouml from http://bouml.free.fr/ which requires Qt3. It builds
fine against Eric's kde3 compat Qt3 package on both 32 and 64 (not multi-lib)
boxes. But I have two questions:

1. I have to pass a properly set QTDIR variable so it can find the Qt3 libs. Is
there a preferred method of testing and exiting if this is not set? Or should it
be hard-wired into the build script?

2. The make files all use qmake and have the var QMAKE=qmake hard wired into
them in multiple places - which tries to use Qt4's qmake. It cannot use an
environment var to override the path to qmake. For my own builds I have added a
symlink /usr/local/bin/qmake => /opt/kde3/bin/qmake which I remove when done.

Any suggestions for a more elegant way to direct it to Qt3 qmake? Patch the make
files? Alias? Temporary symlink?

Thanks,

Robert