[Slackbuilds-users] EncFS requres boost <= 1.41

Ben Mendis dragonwisard at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 21:06:31 UTC 2010

Since I was already using EncFS in 13.0 I went ahead and tried to compile it
for 13.1. There's one "invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'char*'"
error to fix, but even after fixing that the resulting binary doesn't work.
Apparently the problem is that Slackware 13.1 has upgraded to boost 1.42.0
and encfs requires 1.41 or earlier.

See: http://code.google.com/p/encfs/issues/detail?id=60

Therefore my question is, is it feasible to install boost-1.41 side-by-side
with the boost-1.42 provided by Slackware?
Does anyone have any advice on how this can be resolved?