[Slackbuilds-users] Easytag

Andrew Antle andrew.antle at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 05:32:03 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 05, 2010 at 09:02:13PM -0400, Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér wrote:
> it is, however, the best program I have come across on the platform I
> use - Slackware & Xfce - so I like it to stick around for a while. Of
> course, if there are better tools in the same style, I am willing to
> let this one go!
> __
> Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejér
> http://syntaktisk.dk * mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk

Hello Morten -

I recommend [mutagen][1] or [eyeD3][2].  eyeD3 is command line only, but
the mutagen library has mid3v2 for cli and exfalso for gui.  eyeD3 is on
[slackbuilds.org][3], as well as [mutagen][4]; I usually just checkout
[quodlibet][5] from hg and run exfalso.py from the src dir.

HTH

[1]: http://code.google.com/p/mutagen
[2]: http://eyed3.nicfit.net/
[3]: http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/audio/eyeD3/