[Slackbuilds-users] Suggestion for packages which require a startup file.

Robert Kelsen rkelsen at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 20 12:15:35 UTC 2010

> That's not the "Slackware way" of init. Slackware uses a BSD-like init.

Well, I wasn't expecting such a politically charged response.

Then why are there all of these /etc/rc.d/rc*.d directories?

People who say that Slackware's init is "BSD-like" should go and install
a *BSD before making this comment.

> I vote for not using this for SlackBuilds on slackbuilds.org.

You vote against a symlink?  You'd rather keep manually editing rc.local?